Caesar Seasoning 4.0 (aka Seasoning for Anything!)
Updated: Jan 17
Caesar Seasoning 4.0? Why 4.0 you may say to yourself, as you are preparing your yummy Caesar? Well, I've been adjusting and revising this recipe over the past couple of years and have finalized what I feel is the perfect seasoning mix.
This new version includes Coriander seeds. Coriander seeds infuse hints of orange and lemon peel, and sage. The flavours brighten up the seasoning mix and brings a whole new dimension to the dish, or drink, that you are using the seasoning with.
In fact, this seasoning is SOOOOO GOOD, I pretty much put it on and in everything (aka Seasoning for Anything). It's amazing with shrimp, chicken, steaks - just to name a few! Add a tablespoon of pure cane sugar to roughly 1/3rd cup of seasoning - you have a perfect rub for your pork ribs (stay tuned for a blog post on this one soon!).
You can check out my original version of "Homemade Rimmer" here! A variation of this version, and delicious as well!
My infatuation with this seasoning simply started with my love of "Caesars". You know, Sunday Caesars! It has now evolved into one of my favourite seasonings. I hope you enjoy it as well. Fee free to adjust and add. I would love to hear what you do to your version!
Click here to save or print the Recipe! Cook Well! Eat Well!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Yields: ¾ cup
4 tbsp black peppercorns
4 tsp coriander seeds
4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp red pepper flakes
5 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp cayenne powder
1 tbsp salt flakes (or kosher salt)
tbsp dried minced garlic
4 tsp paprika
1. add peppercorns, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and red pepper flakes to a frying pan over medium heat frying pan
2. continue to heat until the seeds start to pop
3. turn off heat and pour ingredients into a small bowl - let cool for 20 mins
4. transfer ingredients to a mortar and pestle (or spice grinder) mortar and pestle (spice grinder)
5. grind ingredients to a coarse consistency
6. add celery seeds, cayenne powder, salt flakes, dried minced garlic and paprika
7. mix seasoning
8. use with your favourite Caesar mix
- store in an air-tight container for up to one month
- I like to add the seasoning directly in my Caesar, and add a little dried minced garlic and dried onion flakes